First things first this beautiful Monday morning, I want to thank all of you who took the time to read, comment on, and message me about my last blog post The Day Dream Revealed.
Getting little notes from strangers of encouragement was really sweet and exciting and (obviously) greatly encouraging. I really appreciate each and every one of you!
In my last post I revealed my day dream- of developing streams of income apart from a typical 9 to 5 career and to pursue the freedom that comes with active, passive, and residual income that doesn’t require a commute or clocking-in.
I own three different websites (and have 5 different projects going) in order to do just that.
Let me tell you about them:
1) Newbie Nurse. This site was originally called Nurse Lauren. I bought the domain name the day I passed my board exam and officially became an RN. I began blogging occasionally and tweeting, however (as you can see)the site has been mostly a ghost town for the past year.
Last month I gave it a make over. One free WordPress theme and several hours later, the site had a new name, a new focus, and a brand new pretty face.
The plan for this site is to provide useful information for nursing students and new nurses as they begin their careers. I also offer resume, interview, and career coaching services.
2) Copycat Crafts. I came about this site in a bit of a non-conventional way. My husband and I actually purchased it last year. (I’ve purchased domain names many times, but this was my first time purchasing an actual, live site.)
This site is dedicated to highlighting bloggers who create projects that are “copycats” of designer products. Our projects include clothing, home decor, kids crafts, and recipes.
The plan for this site is to incorporate exclusive DIY projects that are premiered for the first time on our site and to bring more exposure to the bloggers who create the projects we feature through increased page views, newsletters, and social media presence. (If you have a project that would be a good fit for the site, please contact me!)
3) My Passion Journey. This is the site you’re on right now. I began this as a blog (not really knowing what I was doing) over 2 years ago. This site is now dedicated to chronicling my life as I endeavor to build online sources of passive income and active income.
The plan for this site is to tell the story of myself as an entrepreneur and also to give you a front row seat in on the action as I create passive income streams. The future hopefully includes increased social media presence, videos, and ebooks to help inspire and guide you in your own passion journey as well.
Bonus Project #1 It Works! Distributing
I said that I would never be a part of an MLM, but after watching a few friends become really successful, I decided that this opportunity was really too good to pass up. You’ve probably heard about “that crazy wrap thing” and seen lots of amazing before and after photos all over your Instagram and Facebook. What you might not know is that It Works! is actually a really amazing company to work for. They have LOTS of different products- really there is something for everyone. And, as a distributor, you earn really amazing bonuses as you meet sales and growth goals. For example, any distributor who joins in October (just a few days left) and obtains the “Ruby level” by the end of 2015, automatically earns a $500 bonus. Just like that! (And that is the smallest bonus they offer, the bonuses just keep getting bigger and bigger)
Between the amazing products and the generous bonuses, I knew I had to give this company a shot. Drop me a line, if you’re interested in hearing more about being a distributor, purchasing a product, or even being a product tester!
Bonus Project #2 Free Lance Social Media Management
I took on a new project a few days ago of managing social media for an up and coming brand. I am managing their Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. I’m still getting in the groove of how to best manage this, but I’m excited to help bring a great brand some much deserved recognition.
And that’s my life right now, folks. Do I feel stretched a little thin? Yes. But it’s part of the process. As I keep practicing running these sites like actual businesses (not just hobbies anymore) I know I’ll improve and the process will become smoother, easier and less daunting. Believe me, I’m already looking forward to that.
Be sure to check back often for updates- and in the meantime, sign up for my newsletter and follow me on social media. (Links in sidebar)
So Tell Me:
1) What’s your current day dream you would like to take step toward seeing fulfilled?
2) How many projects do you usually keep on your plate at one time?
3) Have you thought about becoming a distributor for It Works? What has stopped you? What questions do you have about it that I can help you with?